View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
OMG - I bet you shop at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc., too, right? You want the cheapest price for most of what you buy - we all do. In the "boardroom", it damn well better be profit. Unfortunately, Mr Obama is making "profit" a dirty word (idiot). Without profit, there is no company - no investors (think YOUR 401k, health insurance), no R&D, no growth, no taxes paid locally, roads go to hell, no jobs. For Walmart, Home Depot and so on, the only way they can compete against each other (and provide you with the best price) is to source the cheapest goods for the given demand.

You probably don't realize that the evil boardroom is probably made up of some of your neighbors too - they are human beings trying to do a VERY BIG JOB. Brian's boardroom (RareL8) is made up of him - profit seeking bastard.

If you don't like China, OK. If you want to beat them, then make something better than they can. Design it better somehow. Every company I deal with goes to extremes in dealing with the environment, human resources, ethics and best practices in thousands of areas. In some business, these things are their biggest cost centers.

For me, I think its high time we restore the mindset that profit is good and required for a strong economy, jobs, education, standard of living, defense and so on.

Besides, without profit, how is the new multi-trillion dollar budget the idiots in Washington are spending?
+1 and an A-A-A-men brother!

No rant perceived, just reality.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)