View Single Post

Thierry,

Good work and great info.

So what do you think? Are larger injectors a valid path for us to more fuel?

Seems the replacement injectors for the 3.3 and 3.6 are the same part number now.

Maybe when the alternator is running the fuel pumps might increase pressure and the spray pattern might be better.

I am wondering how important the spray pattern is. CIS sprays for 720 deg of crank rotation to about 220 deg of the intake valve being open. I suspect the fuel coats the intake runner and might even pool in wait anyway. Who knows.

If this is the case it might help explain why our intake ports are smaller than a CIS 2.7s.

I have long suspected that a lot of what others have believed is poor air flow per cylinder is not the prim issue with burning a cylinder. That unequal fuel per cylindermight be the reason.

For example, if someone had one cylinder running at 15/1 and 5 at 11/1 AFR the O2 would read 11.7/1 AFR. Could be a combination of unequal air flow and fuel flow. We can not run EFI air fuel ratios with the in accuracy of the CIS system.

This is why we need to run a little fat.

Again, fun stuff and great work.

K

Last edited by 911st; 02-06-2010 at 05:09 PM..
Old 02-06-2010, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)