View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
As you know Jon, a high power 930 engine should not run at full boost for long periods with AFR's in the 12's. Above 170mph means you had the hammer down for a significant time. The modded fuel heads that iA sold were not tuned for the specific engines they went on which can cause a host of problems, imbalance being one of them. Any Fuel heads and WUR's that go out of my shop are base tuned for the engine fitted with instructions to fine tune and verify AFR's.

Thierry's picture reminds me of what I just went through with the injectors on my car. If you bend those lines they will not go back to the correct orientation which will interfere with properly seating the male end. I am sure this is why I had 3 leaking injector lines when I put it all back together. As you all know it is very hard to see that junction when the engine is all back together and you can have a leaker and never know it. Potentially dangerous situation. I have 2 CIS setups in my shop right now that have been through an engine fire.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)