View Single Post
Infidel

Brian, i wasn't blaming the IA fuel head, i was blaming myself for not checking flow to each injector. Among other stuff like making sure system pressure was at or above 100psi, also for still having the stock (but rebuilt) WUR on there whilst having an Adjustable WUR in my possession at the time!

The engine blowing up was indeed my own fault, i should have taken the time to have it set up properly! Although to be fair the shop i had been using should have had my car spot on from the first day!
I took matters into my own hands, had a K27HFS fitted, IA air box, Fabspeed muffler to go with my B&B style headers. I junked the Garrett turbo, junked the MF2 7th injector, fitted an LM1 and went out to play................BANG Yes i was full wide open throttle for a while, it was on a 2 mile airport runway

Lesson learnt!!

I would think if you have checked and balanced flow to each injector in the way shown above, (basically the way StuP did it in the first place). And you had enough adjustment to get 12.5 afr right up at the red line you'd be ok. The only reason we set up CIS in the high 11's is because we can't guarantee even fuel to each cylinder. But if you can, then everything is fine, right?
If your fueling is perfect, mid to high 11's through peak torque, and lowish to mid 12's at the red line is good isn't it?
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)