View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post

...Anyway, i had a friend bringing an adjustable WUR to the airfield, i thought i would do a run with the stock WUR first and keep an eye on the fuel with the LM1.
The mate i had in the passenger seat was reading my figures and i told him "if you see it go above 12.2 tell me to back off"! As we went away he was saying "11.1.......11.2.........11.5...........11.8....... .........12............12.something..............B ANG! ...
Breaks my heart.

We know CIS no mater how hard we try is not going to offer very well balanced AFR's.

One of the best EFI Turbo tuners here quoted he would not run any thing leaner than 11.7/1 on an EFI car using street fuel.

It may not be but if the new turbo had a more restrictive hot side, that could have added more heat to the exhaust valves, head, and pistons. Not saying it was the cause but there may not have been only one factor.

No one seems to measure there exhaust pressure. When it gets near two times boost pressure I understand it is to much and it makes for a lot of heat.

Add to that B&B has such a lousy wast gate connection that dose not work well with small turbine/big compressor turbos. On my car with with an early HF turbo that had a larger 7006 hot side I had an over boost issue. It took a .7 bar Tial & a EBC to keep boost at 1 bar.

Again, could have been several things adding up to one big bang.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)