View Single Post

Garage
I got the chance to take the car out again today and I really am enjoying the exhaust. I'm surprised how different the car feels. By surprised I mean because I had the good 86-up (Euro) heat exchangers and a simple 3" magnaflow hanging off the turbo, I kind of wondered whether or not headers/exhaust was my next logical step in terms of mods to the car. I hear SC cams, and shorter ring and pinion really wake these cars up too. So anyway, there is a huge difference from my old setup to this one. The sound is great popping away at idle, and it sounds like a flat-six should when I'm on it. No drone. I never was stoked about the magnaflow note; it was a deeper tone that never sounded pissed. And boost is definitely building around 3-400 RPM sooner. I can barely keep from snickering when I get on it. The dual outlets look all-business, too. It's also much lighter, and I took the rubber blocks off the car while I was at it and like that look (and weight savings) too. All in all it really has added to the drive.

It's also like 21 degrees here in NY, and so of course it's pulling even harder from all the good air. Cold tires, cold road, cold air and bang! the thing kicks sideways around 4500 as the tires break loose in first.

Oh and one more thing, did I mention it was cold??? I'm highly interested in the estimated availability date of the heat boxes.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)