View Single Post

Garage
Turbo Heat Shield??

After a drive today I happened to put my hand on the rear bumper and dang was it HOT. I notice that the bumper and rear quarter panel above the turbo is super hot after a drive. so hot it's hard to even touch. I recently brought my car in for a service, wondering if there is supposed to be a heat shield around the turbo to shield heat from the body of the car? I never noticed a heat shield, so wondering if it was inside the rear bumper? I never noticed my car being so hot to touch, yet I can't recall ever noticing it being cool either ..never touched the bumper much after a drive.

Curious if the shop I brought my car to removed my heat shield? Or if our 930's didn't come with them? -Seems like the extreme heat would ruin the paint on the body and bumper after time? ....Yet my paint is 33 years old and still in excellent shape, ...so if it never had a heat shield i guess it's not a big deal.

I also ask, because I notice that most new cars have heat shields around their turbos (my MINI Cooper does).
Old 02-07-2010, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)