View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by srandallf View Post
... there is so much amazing "new" music that I cant keep up with it all...and im talking about rock and roll, not mainstream hip/hop....if you want better rock and roll played at the super bowl, boycott commercial radio, support your local college radio stations...
There's a lot of new music, though not much of it is amazing. I grew up listening to all of the big names in rock, in their prime; very little of today's music will get played 20 years down the road. I have kids in their late teens and mid 20's and even they can't stand bands like Nickelback. Every song they record sounds the same...

And for whoever thought metal would go over well...I'd bet a Liberace tribute would be better received.

Face it, they people with the money dictate what gets played. BEYONCE ISN'T ON THEIR iPOD.

PS: I have always hated college radio, even when I was back in college. There's a reason that the songs they played never were hits. Most of them sucked, real bad... Not every song deserves airtime. Nobody bats 1000...

JR
Old 02-08-2010, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)