View Single Post

Around 1.5 years ago I bought a set of rebuilt 1976 930 cylinder heads from a guy across country for $500 plus shippping. He had cellphone pictures of the heads and a bunch of other parts too.

I talked to the guy. He sounded like he lost interest in his project and needed money and I decided to take the risk and sent him a USPS money order which he cashed at a check cashing place. Then no parts and no returned emails, answered calls, or returned calls.

I kept trying to reach him for 3 weeks, and I did internet searches on his address and phone number with no results and then decided to post about it on the for sale forum. I found he was also selling things on Craigslist.

In less than a day a stand up peilican poster in the guys home town read my post. He thought he had met the guy from my description and he knew who I was talking about.

The short version is the pelican poster tracked the guy down through reverse lookup searches, and internet searches. He got my parts from the guy and I paid him to ship them to me.

So, I feel you should go public with the identities and location of the person(s) that screwed you on parts after 3 weeks. That way you may get your parts or satisfaction eventually, and it lets other people know who to stay away from.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)