View Single Post

The two features I mentioned above (knock window and load qualifier) are easily implemented with a micro processor, but did Electromotive include them?

There are a few other features of my algorithm that are more important than those two, but I won't go into it for reasons stated in an earlier post.

I ran across a description of the Bosch system last year and was surprised at the similarity. I conceived and implemented the main feature of my detector in 1984 while working as a tech at Hughes Aircraft.

I've been at it a long time, but so have others. I recently ran across this Ford patent from 1983 with similar features:
Adaptive cylinder by cylinder knock ... - Google Patent Search

From the dates I have mentioned, one might think this is old worthless technology, easily surpassed by anything released in the last ten years. But try to find an aftermarket controller that does individual cylinder knock control or ignores false knock as well as this one. You will have to go stand alone ECU such as MoTeC and Autronic, and they didn't have it until last year.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)