View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Don, I to am wondering about your comment.

In my words your current core runs front to back. If you are saying a 3" side to side, I would not think you could get enough CFM through it.
I've been debating the same thing on my EFI setup. All the books show flow in the short direction, but is this optimum for a 930? High HP guys like Juan and Bello run side-to-side. Looks like you could get very nice intake air flow from the turbo, thru the IC and back to a Carrera intake with a side-to-side.

If we look at the cooling air through the IC, we may be missing an opportunity to get maximum cooling by a front-to-back IC, where the intake tank is located may be in the best cooling area of the engine and tail. An IC is only as good as the cooling air through it. When you look at the tail closed, you see a pretty big gap between the IC and the opening, towards the rear edge of the tail. This area is also located over the biggest open void in the engine compartment, that dumps straight into the engine fan, and would seem to offer the best flow through the IC.

Seems like the best airflow through the tail grille into the engine is the back half of the grill, and maybe the best place for the IC, which probably means a side-to-side.

This is all pure speculation, of course.

Last edited by WinRice; 02-10-2010 at 01:05 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)