View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
Done, you said above side to side and 3 in core... I am assuming you are talking about the tanks being on the sides, or the rows running side to side vs. top to bottom? Just wondering what you ment and why? Trying to make sure I get it right when I order this. THX
Yes, I am talking about the end tanks being on the sides of the IC rather than the front and back. After hanging around shops that do a lot of high HP turbo stuff, it seems that the side to side works a bit better at cooling the charge. In addition, the volume of air my engine consumes points to a thinner core for best efficiency and lowest lag.

When I spoke to Gunther at Bell, he said the side to side vs front to back wouldn't produce that big of a difference. He might be right, but the big HP (and endurance) guys mostly have side to side. When I ordered my IC, he only had 4in cores in stock and I didn't want to wait the 6 weeks or so for the 3in core.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)