View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboo934 View Post
Justin : I've run a back splitter on mine, only 10" back. It seems to give front the glue it needs at high speeds. I discovered this on my 73 RRS but I did have 3" out front and more out the back side. How are you dumping the air flow to your front center cooler ? Looks great, have you thought about lexan covers for your lower lights.I've lost two sets, if you look at the 934 SPEEDSTER you'll see what I'm talking about.
I guess i should post some pix of the underside, as the piece is really a 'T' shape that prevents flow directly under the cooler, but allows air flowing throught the cooler to vent out the sides where the plate is gapping. I was concerned as well about flow through the cooler, and this is what we came up with. Last night was balls-freezing cold (for us at least, around 30-32) so i cant really tell if the plate is going to interfere dramatically with flow through the cooler and thus running temps. Have to wait for the spring/ summer for that,

Rob, Christine was an inspiration for the Hellas, as i really liked how yours looked i got them two year ago, and had been on the fence about mounting, and with the front off for the last couple of weeks, and the night track experience in Florida at the end of the month looming, thought it would just bite it and do it.
Really dig the look.

Would definately be into covering them with some lexan... i saw them on the speedster, and it just makes sense, from an aerodynamic standpoint, protection, and i really am not in love with the 'Hella covers'. However, i still like the clean look of the factory 934 spoiler, and the speedster covers detracted from this.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-11-2010, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)