View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
you could put something like a couple convex naca ducts or some louvers on the bottom of the splitter behind the oil cooler to suck air out of the flat area thats likely impeding some air flow from the back of the oil cooler now.
"as the piece is really a 'T' shape that prevents flow directly under the cooler, but allows air flowing thought the cooler to vent out the sides where the plate is gapping"

Won't the 'T' shape allow for air flowing through the cooler to vent out the sides and into the wheel well area? That would negate the need for lower ducts and reduce the air flow underneath the flat bottom of the car.

Am I missing something here? Pictures of the bottom side would be helpful. You should know better than to leave questions.

The blocked off bottom is probably creating most of the change you feel. I have a AIR piece that accomplishes the same with a C2 Turbo setup (1980 vintage 930). I agree with the other posters that the lip should extend out further but what you are doing will help. Dull the leading edge if you move it further out as they make for neat shin skinners.

Good work and thanks for posting.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)