View Single Post

David,

Nice work. I like how you offset the IC a bit so the air cleaner would have a clean shot at air flow through the grill.

About the only way we are going to get to increased IC capacity is to go with fabricated tanks. Still, we might think of paying as much attention to back pressure or pressure loss in our intakes as we seem to want to on the exhausts.

As noted earlier, when thinking about preheating air that is a big no no.

There is a direct relationship between intake air temp and discharge temp. If we suck in 100 deg air instead of 80 deg air our temps out of the IC and into the intake ports are going to be about 20 deg hotter.

We might consider what Porsche did with the 993TT's. They ran dedicated ducts up to the grill to ensure the intake got fresh air that was not pre-heated.

Looking at the C2 turbo's the IC is ducted to the grill and there are openings of limited size just above the intake. I suspect this ensures things are ballanced so intake air is not pre heated.

Surface area of the end tanks and plumbing can account for a surprising amount of the interecooling effect.

Again, I really like with this CIS turbo owner did below.

Last edited by 911st; 02-11-2010 at 12:19 PM..
Old 02-11-2010, 12:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)