View Single Post

Porsche Crest

Here is my take on the intercooler topic.
I spoke with Bob Holcomb of Mode on several occasions about the 965 intercooler. He regards the 965 intercooler as a highly efficient and desirable addition to any 930 application. Based on his recommendations, I decided to go the Porsche intercooler rout with my EFI conversion. The only problem was my choice of a Carrera intake manifold.

My solution was to fabricate my own end tank on the existing 965 intercooler. I used a buck of my own design and hand formed the tank. It is not 100% finished, but it is close.

The following photos are the fruit of this insane passion for efficiency, short distance, low pressure loss, stock appearance and ultimately, horse power!

The silicon elbow will dump directly into my Carrera throttle body. I am running a 3.2 Carrera Motronic ECU modified by Todd Knighton (Protomotive) for pressure sensing.

My engine is currently at Ollies being machined. I will post photos of the assembly.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)