Thread: new to me 930
View Single Post

thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pu911 View Post
Petrol Blue is a great color, my first Porsche was a 79 SC in that color. I just picked up a very similar 930 myself, can't wait to drive it once it's spring, in 4-5 months or so. Did that car come from a dealership in MD?
Enjoy!
Phil
the car was sold new at Holbert's in PA ( i have a copy of the window sticker) but i found/purchased it out of SC. the ONLY place it was advertised was Craigslist.

i ended up buying this one as it is cosmetically stock. it has a B&B dual out muffler (hate the look of the oval tips on this car), and i want to go back to a more stock looking single out. any thoughts on a replacement muffler? it does have B&B headers, K27 and 964 cams (installed at 22k miles when raceware studs were installed), so i would need a suitable muffler. maybe i can modify this one (cap of right pipe and install a different / round pipe on the other side?)

i am trying to keep as much of the original paint. the rear valance was cut on the right side and the panel behind the rr wheel was cut to accommodate the right pipe. this is going to be long shot, but i am going to start my search for a stock rear valance and stock panel having factory petrol blue paint (good luck). i had a suggestion to have a good welder graft in replacement pieces that were cut out from donor panels, and then blend the paint.

i have had no real surprises, but only have driven it about 100 or so miles so far (crappy weather). i will need to change the ignition switch as it has a alot of slop, but the other day when i turned the ignition off the car continued to run. i giggled the key and it shut off.

willtell that is great shot you took. would it be possible to e-mail it to me? i'll pm you may email address.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 02-14-2010, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)