View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been working on this new MSD install and wanted to share what I've learned so far. First I had concerns with locking out the distributor, possible phase shift issues, as well as hoping I could talk to someone who has used one. So with all those issues addressed I thought I'd throw it out there.

Cole
OK, who stole Cole's motor?

David Ol' Boy, thanks for the update. You know I've been waiting anxiously. Ok, I'll be a lazy bastard and wait until you work out all the kinks, then just steal your glory and slam one into my rig. Until then, I'm happy with the MSD BTM as it is. Oh...by the way..."while I was in there" this weekend I took the time to pull the dizzy and grind out the adjustment slot to hopefully afford another few degrees of advance adjustment. I would like another 4 degrees to bring my total static timing to 12*. I think I ground enough off to do that. We'll see. Either way it's now at the max rotation, given that the vacuum advance hose connection barb on the dizzy won't allow it to turn past the turbo oil feed line now.
Just waiting on a special O'ring from our host (upper throttle body O'ring where the boost recirc manifold sits on it....or should I say what's left of my recirc manifold). Plans are to fire up the bicth next weekend, as it's supposed to be a balmy 50+ and sunny.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)