Thread: new to me 930
View Single Post

. You'd never sleep no matter how well you welded and covered knowing you went second rate.

If you did that you would then have a repainted left door and a non original to the car completely repainted valance. To replace a small piece of metal and carefully blend the small area with keeping the majority of the rear valance with original paint and metal as it was built in 1979 would be the way i would think the best way of doing it. The point is not a easy or cheaper way to go, just keeping it as original as possible. I would be willing to bet that if the completely repainted door was done on a million dollar Ferrari a carefull small repair to the affected area would have been prefered to a complete panel repaint. It usually takes more time and much more expertise to do a small area that cannoct be detected than blowing/blending the whole panel. As for the Muffler deep six the dual outlet and get a excellent original, the car deserves it.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-15-2010 at 08:10 PM..
Old 02-15-2010, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)