Thread: new to me 930
View Single Post
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Way to quote me out of context, Vuilture!

The last time I checked we are not talking about million dollar Ferrari's here.

We are talking about Porsche's that are dear to OUR hearts that will never, well at least not in our foreseeable economy and future, amount to much more in the collector world than the 30 to 55 grand arena that they continue to fluctuate in.

I don't know what kind of painters you have up your way, but there are many that can paint full panels, match exactly whatever colours and blend perfectly with other panels to Porsche's exacting standards or beyond! Nothing less.

Unless he can, out of pure unadulterated luck, find an exact colour coded valance he STILL has a re-painted driver side door. And to half-paint a lower valance that has been welded, ground, prepped and repainted doesn't make sense on anyone's car when quality work to a perfectly good NOS valance can be done easier! The reason is because he would be left to blending as you said, which in my opinion, would and could lead to more frustrations and possible inconsistencies.

And because of your lack of detail in quoting, I will conclude in saying that if you re-read what I said, nowhere will you find any inference of taking the "cheap way" out!

Maybe when he spots that one car with a valance that is being parted out he can grab the door, too!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)