View Single Post

I am starting to wonder if BW/Porsche was extreamly effective in how they disigned the K27-7200.

This is just a gut feel on my part. I am thinking the compressor wheels and turbine are nearly perfictly sized for a CIS 930 of modest tune.

And that both the turbine and compressor sides were just big enought and both stall at the same time.

The 7006 has bassicaly the same size compressor wheel but with its larger hot side makes more HP.

With the HF's and K29 quick spools -- a larger compressor wheel is added. This allows more air flow to be passed before the hot side starts to stall again.

Part of the reason a good wast gate circut is needed with these turbos or boost creep 'may' become an issue.

Years ago I bumped in to a pretty good turbo guy that was working on development a more efficient turbine wheel for the 7200. He believed there was opportunity to make more HP with the 7200 and keep the early spool with a more modern wheel. Thus, he seemed to think the compressor wheel was pretty good and the issue was more on the hot side.

Just a thought.

I know this is not the answer as the compressor map for the 7200 is limited.

Last edited by 911st; 02-16-2010 at 08:09 AM..
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)