View Single Post

DURABUILT. As previously noted there are 3 UK built high speed computerized VSR turbo cartridge balancing machines in the USA. Beyond that point, I sent them my special turbo that was modified ( no ID plate ) similar to 956 specification by Kremer in 1984. According to Bob @ Durabuilt it was modified to be very similar to the later turbos Porsche used so it required a shoot from the hip guesstimate for parts required. Also from his inspection he felt that it was well suited for what was done to the Kremer tweaked CIS, which dynoed @ 480 FWHP before emissions and exhaust were added, to pass 1985 EPA requirements. When I asked about possible improvements he would not advise anything changed and charged only a standard rebuild price . He successfully sourced the correct rebuild parts on the second try and we got it back in less than 2 weeks. Bottom line, I would say these guys really know their stuff and I had no problem with communication.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-17-2010 at 02:59 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)