View Single Post

Garage
Ok gents, thought i would give more or less a summary of the weekend as it is nearly upon us.

This is based on our schedule as well as sporadic info from the organizers of Supercar weekend.

Friday, Feb 26 Track nite at Palm Beach International Raceway
-Set up/ registration for the weekend will begin around 3-4pm (at main gate?), drivers/group meeting around 5-5:30 and first group on the track at 6pm.
-Drivers will be grouped by skill level, so bring your competition license if you want to run with the big boys.
-It is my understanding there will be 3 groups, Competition (with open passing, etc), intermediate (those with some DE experience) and novice (little to no track time) with no passing allowed in the lower group, and instructors for those that want them.
-Standard track attire is required by all: Longsleeve shirts, long pants, and of course approved helmet.
- Groups will run the track until 10 pm

After track activities 'To be decided'

Sat, Feb 27 - SuperCar show, Flagler drive
-'Load in' will start at 7-8am the intersection of Lakeview and Flagler Drive. those of you guys that are not making the track nite (most of u i think) will be able to register at the time of load in. As i have said before, it is important that everyone is there by 7-8 to allow time for the registration process, etc to prevent cluster fcukage.
-The official time for the show is 10am to 6pm, but based on reports from those who have attended past events, a lot of people start to roll out about 3-4pm. If u need to leave earlier, should not be a problem, just gotta dodge the crowd.

Your registration will include a 'VIP pass' that allows you to attend various social functions during the weekend on sat and sunday.

Sunday, Feb 28 Gunnar visit and Polo Club show
-9am to 2pm - Sat nite recovery
-2pm - Visit to Gunnar racing to see shop, machinery
-3pm - Meet at Wellington Equestrian Center for more show stuff, etc.

After hours activities to be decided by those still hanging out

And that's really about it. i am still supposed to recieve more detail stuff from the organizers, but it's been pretty loosy-goosy up till now, so not holding my breath.

Just plan on showing up and having a good time and all will fall into place.

Cheers and as always, stay tuned

LATE BREAKING NEWS: DEREK BELL WILL BE THE MASTER OF CEREMONIES FOR THE WEEEKEND AND WILL BE TURNING A WHEEL AT THE HELM OF A MOSLER AT TRACK DAY!!!! DEREK BELL TO DRIVE MOSLER MT900S AT SCX PB The Supercar Experience

If you have your competetion license and wish to run with the master, now is your chance!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 02-18-2010 at 09:21 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)