View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
JB Weld?
Mark, I hope you're not far from home when that comes apart, and it will eventually even with the 24 hour to harden stuff.

Devcon marine epoxy is better for something like that, but it should be welded for it to last reliably.
I've been waiting for someone to give me crap about that! What took you so long?

I admit it's a bit of a stretch, and I'll be watching it closely. Supposedly it's good to 400-500 degrees, and since there will be no shear stresses involved it may last indefinitely. I guess we'll see. I just got tired of puting the project on hold while trying to find someone to do the welding and figured what the hell.....put some trust in modern chemistry. It'll last long enough to tell me if I like the change or not anyway.

Take a look at the screw stud on the coupler in my pictures (where the back left side IC mount is), and note that I repaired a break there with JB (tapped and glued the bolt in, and glued the broken casting back on). It's been there for a couple years and shows no sign of breaking down so far. Still hard as a rock and shiney new.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)