View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Jim,

Ah Ha !!!!!

Now you and Mark are telling me my old junk isn't as good as your newer, more modern, more technologically advanced units. Well if they were so much better they would have left those bosses there so you guys didn't have to work so hard to figure out a way to make this work.

Cole
You know what I say...."phuque the boss" (Oh, wait, I can't say that, I'm the boss!).

I'm in the fabricating mood again - got my hacksaw, welder, and old Fred Flintstone grinding wheel and chop saw all oiled up. Tommorrow I may just whip up a mount to "rigidize" things a bit. And without a doubt it will mount to a technologically advanced boss not previously available in pre-'87 930's. The challenge will be to find an available boss, since my customized BOV and associated plumbing is covering both available mounting points.

Actually guys, I'm not totally convinced that rigidity will be an issue, but it can't hurt to address it. I don't want to be blowing o'rings just in case the IC is doing the funky chicken on full boost.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)