View Single Post

30" might be enough, provided the rear valence is removed. A lot of it depends on what you intend to use to lower the engine to the floor and how far down you're able to drop the engine. I used my motorcyle lift whcih enabled me to drop the engine to within maybe 10 inches of the floor, and used a transmission jack beneath each rear wheel to jack the car up 24 inches...with the front end jacked up about 1 foot at the wheels with blocks. Because of the angle, that affectely raised the far rear lip of the car just barely enough.
Note: there are much better, more stable and safer means than I used....but I used what I had. For anyone contemplating using transmission jacks under the rear wheels, keep in mind that you must first lower the engine somewhat with your jack because the combined car and engine weight is way past the capacity of the tranny jacks.

Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)