View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
front strut insert rocking freeplay

I am removing my Bilstein front strut inserts to get revalved for new T-bars and did a check on wear before removing them from the strut housing.
I have some slight rocking of the strut insert due to clearance with the upper bearing and seal in the strut housing and wanted opinions on what was an acceptable or expected amount of freeplay here?

There has to be some radial clearance between the strut insert and the upper strut bearing which would allow a little rocking movement between the 2 parts but never having seen a new strut to compare to i want to get an idea if i need to send my strut housings out for replacement of this bearing.
----Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 02-24-2010, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)