View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
Hello,

The car above your post is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately it was sold before I came across it.

I'd prefer an 89 but would purchase 86-89. Prefer black but many other colours are also great. Guards Red is not for me, not that there's anything wrong with it.

Your correct..I will not find a 930 forsale here.

Price point..... market.... for average mileage, properly maintained, no accident car. Not looking for perfect car as I want to drive and put mileage on car, so I'm not willing to pay premium for low mileage. Not looking to low ball a seller just a fair deal for both sides. By my estimation, if the car is straight forward 930 with no or slight modifications (turbo, intercooler, exhaust) then I should be in 30-35K range. If car has excessive miles then recent rebuild seems only reasonable as some has to pay for it, so it might as well be seller LOL. Car with special characteristics might be 35-40K range, significant RUF parts (not BTR), factory slant, above average maintenance or car with a lot of recent investment. Bla bla bla my two cents.

Timeline is Dec2009...Dec 2009!

Really like Turbo seats... again not a deal breaker.

All that being said a few "right" cars have slipped through my fingers.

Ok, sounds good.. guess you've got to be a little faster huh? They're out there. Shouldn't be problem finding blk. I think they made more blk, and red cars than any of the other colors regardless of year. However, you seem to find fewer modified 89 Turbos.. most being babied garage queens that owners are asking a premium for. Why not, last of the series, only year for 5spd.
If that's your hang-up its going to be an interesting pursuit for happiness.

Good Luck with the search.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)