View Single Post

Garage
If u want to understand Chinese quality, try to buy any tool at Harbor Freight that lasts more than 6 months (or less)... punches that dont punch, drill bits that break and dull after a couple of uses, hand grinders whose plastic case distintegrates from the vibration after a dozen or so uses... and the list goes on and on. For every ship bringing this crap to Harbor freight, there must be another one going back full of the broken crap which they will recycle and sell again.

I just pony up from the start now and buy the best stuff when i can. When it comes to stuff like Turbos and important items, you have to do due diligence to make sure stuff like the above with Garrett isn't taking place.

However, everyone also has to realize that the good stuff cost more and put your money where you know it should go.

I heard someone complaining about the price of $500 billet injector blocks made by Turbokraft. Gimmee break, so don't support a guy making quality stuff which works, and go buy the Chinese junk for $250 on ebay made with 20 bucks worth of shoddy aluminum (or worse) and 3 bucks of Chiang Mai labor, and then go whining around here when they crack, melt or otherwise self-destruct which was a forgone conclusion. How many times do you have to see stuff like the QSC pistons and cylinders 'quality' control issue before you learn your lesson (ask Henry Schmidt about his attempts at dealing with this Chinese company on that one)??
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 02-25-2010 at 09:17 AM..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)