View Single Post

After due consideration, I've decided that my most entertaining conversations about 914s have been with......ME.....Some of them are quite long winded and heated. Often they come down to something like.."well, dumb$h!t.....this is a fine mess you've gotten us into......now whatcha gonna do?"......"Don't ak me, it wuz your plan, I just turn the wrenches "

I look to B Anderson and S Weiner for motor stuff. I ask lots of questions of lots of people for BTDT type experiences with chassis stuff......even you, when I'm really up against it
W Fricke over on the Rennlist has been a big help over the years.
His thoughtful answers are fun to read.....even when he can't help, which is seldom.
G Ledbetter built me a hell of a trans.
Basicly, I look for "doers".

"Before Internet", I was on my own, mostly. *Somehow* I was able to do the 6er conversion. It was tough to ferret out info. But there are a lot of guys with a lot of gud info
that don't mess with these boxes. I wish I knew more of them.

BTW. It isn't who does the most 914/6 conversions......it's who does the best. As near as I can figure, no shop will take the time to do a job excatly as I want it done.......some may, given sufficient $$$$$$$. Being a CSOB, I do it myself.....and live with the consequences. Now days, when I screw the pooch, you'll prolly hear about it.

After nearly 30 years in the QA/QC, I've become pretty good at spotting bull*****ers and those with enough knowledge to be dangerous. The net doesn't make it any harder. You want a list of them?
Old 08-19-2002, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)