View Single Post

I used to live in China 2001-2008, did even import 1989 Carrera 3.2 to there due to "love" in these old solid cars

I have friends in Finland who produce some products what Chinese do as well. Latest call came form a friend who manufacures hydraulic fire wood cutting machines. He asked me, how it is possible the same model (or very close) he has developed, is now for sale in hardware shop in Finland and retail price of it is less than hydraulic cylinder he buys? It is sad but true stories, we do not realize what 100% Chinese made product costs. In general, pliers you buy in US; China maker sells them for 1.00, they are for sale in China for 3.00 and in US they will cost 10.00. For consumer products, it is not really Chinese who are screwing markets and getting all that profit, but it is us Westerners who like to make more profit per unit. And this is specially big retail chain in Western countries, they care not factory workers.

I am working for energy sector. As you know, we all blame China to pollute that much and building every year new coal fired plants equalling some 6x installed power capacity of Finland. Lot of that is needed due to we move production to China. And I am of opinion that China will not change anything in coming 10 years, but Western Governments must start to put brakes to companies moving production to these countries, like add emission tax equivalent to emission increase between "original" country and "new country", this is only way to make any change.

Sorry this become a bit off topic, but looks like I am not only one.

Regards, Harri

PS. it took me trip to 24 different offices to get 911 registered there and 4 offices to get it sold. And due to it was "too old", I needed to inspect it every 6 mths, cost me 30US+3 cigarettes :-)

964 C4 1992, 930 "RS3.0 looker", Carrera 3.0 1976
911 2.4E 1972 (to be 2.4S+ spec race car), 911 2.2T 1967
Old 02-25-2010, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)