View Single Post

Garage
How can i get bullet-proof fuel delivery in EFI

Well, my practically new Bosch 44 pump gave up the ghost in the last 24 hours, screwing me out of taking the car to winterpalooza this weekend.

When i was trouble-shooting the old TEC 1 system we had on the car when i first got her, I replaced the two CIS pumps with the single Bosch 44 on the recommendations of most of the knowledgeable people here. The car has run great for the last year or so with this pump.

However, in retrospect, there were maybe tell-tale signs that the pump was failing, or being strained as some of the issue i have had over the past week were there before, but less pronounced.. occ poor throttle inputs, etc

My tuning guy, had always been worried about running a single pump on a car making over 500whp, (as he tunes high HP muscle cars and nearly always goes with two pumps) But, he always defers to me as the 'Porsche expert' (LOL) and was the case here when we went with a single Bosch 44

Soooo, my question is, faced with the fact that this single B 44 failed after little over a year, what should i put in to make sure fuel pump never gets 'over worked' again, as it seems like that was the issue with the single pump?

What is the answer? Two pumps in parallel? In tandem? Two Bosch 44s?

Thanks guys as always.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-26-2010, 03:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)