View Single Post

Re-subbed...
I think what is going to happen in the auto industry is that we are going to to have another 1970's like era of crap quality (save for german entries...), and then people will get fed up with the crap and that will open the door for quality for a price products. I think that when enough of the China turbos blow up (they will, Ive had it happen to a few non-listening customers) and wipe out peoples motors, that they will go back to Precision, Garrett, Turbonetics etc.... Now about the knock off tial wastegates... NEVER BUY A CHINESE PRODUCT THAT HAS TO DEAL WITH HEAT!!! They can't take it- the Tial knock-offs are impressive in that they can replicate the appearance of the original, but they use inferior metals to replicate the parts. Every one of the Tial knock offs I have seen have failed under mild use. I mean failing 250 horsepower Civics, there are farts that are more abusive than that application. Now imagine trying to put that on a 5-6-700 horsepower car? no way. My point is: Reverse engineering is not engineering, it is simply taking measurements, plugging them into CAD, and spitting out a product. Tial has engineered these products to be made from top quality 321 stainless and other high quality metals and the tolerances are specific to the material used, when you plug a different metal in there it changes everything. Thats why those 250 horse civics turn into 400 horse civics for a few seconds before they spit a rod out the bottom, the inferior material and wrong tolerances hold the gate shut. America will not tolerate garbage forever, we will only take so much before we say enough is enough.

Oh yes: Tarrif the living $hit out of goods made in China (regardless of American derived or not), reverse NAFTA, and call it a day. We don't need anybody but ourselves and that is a fact As our country survived for years without anybody elses garbage. The government (left and right) sucks and they should be ousted for the fact that stand up companies like Tial are aloud to be ripped off by the Chinese and then aloud to be sold on our market with no regard for anything.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette

Last edited by 930gt-40r; 02-26-2010 at 08:17 AM..
Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)