View Single Post

Nice looking engine layout!

You must already have a BOV on there somewhere - as any turbo charged car has - but I can't see it (probably mounted someplace on the back side of the IC). That's the psssstttt you're hearing when you let off the throttle to shift when on boost. A small vacuum line is opening the valve and venting the boost to atmosphere. You can do that with EFI (vent to atmosphere), but with CIS it causes havvoc with the fuel mixture. Getting rid of the boost, whether you recirculate it or not, is what's important so as not to stall the turbo compressor. I suspect you're already there....unless you did all the work yourself and did not install a BOV, in which case your location of choice should work just fine I would think.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)