View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Nice looking engine layout!

You must already have a BOV on there somewhere - as any turbo charged car has - but I can't see it (probably mounted someplace on the back side of the IC). That's the psssstttt you're hearing when you let off the throttle to shift when on boost. A small vacuum line is opening the valve and venting the boost to atmosphere. You can do that with EFI (vent to atmosphere), but with CIS it causes havvoc with the fuel mixture. Getting rid of the boost, whether you recirculate it or not, is what's important so as not to stall the turbo compressor. I suspect you're already there....unless you did all the work yourself and did not install a BOV, in which case your location of choice should work just fine I would think.
Nope I dont have a BOV I was reading and the noise I am hearing is the pressure spike from the compressor when the trottle closes and is not good for the motor I am looking for opinions about this. Thanks that is the layout I concocted when I started laying out the parts.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 02-26-2010, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)