View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

I think this is a recurring theme I am seeing in alot of threads new stuff is either not fitting correctly or failing after a short period of time. The problem is not getting enough fuel it is finding a pump that will operate reliably like my 25 year old "made in Germany" bosch pump. I am not just slamming foreign man. this time because not long ago I had my "made in the USA" edelbrock ele. fuel pump seize up and leave me stranded on the side of the road in my blazer. The problem is that quality control has gone down the tubes in most manufactureing lines and I would like to think it is not so the product fails and you have to buy a new one and their bottom line improves, but lately the stuff has been failing before the warrenty runs out which doesn't do anything but make the manf. look stupid. Years ago it was thought that manf. were designing products to fail right after the warrenty ran out, a tech rep from RCA actually told me that their products were designed for planned obselesence (sp) I know that electronics can actually tell you when they will fail from their operating chara. so what does this mean? Good luck in your quest I hope you can find a pump that has quantity and quality it will be difficult in this day and age. Rant off
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 02-27-2010, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)