View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
This is somewhat off topic but clarifies the problem, in my mind anyway. Look what Cole says, remember what RUF did very early on for performance and finally what significant change did the factory finally make over the many years the 930 was in production? Fix(Cole) or add a gear (RUF, factory).

I question, how much money is spent on trick components building torque and HP into these engines to make the vehicle deliver impressive performance while retaining an unacceptable transmission?

Assuming a cost benefit evaluation, aren't you money ahead to fix the trans. problem over the power problem?
The only problem with the 930 transmission is the the gear spacing and the relatively high R&P. With the torque of these cars under boost, they really don't need another gear.

You guys with all your talk of broad flat torque curves, more gears.........you starting to sound a lot like turbo-water-pumper lovers. LOL!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-28-2010, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)