View Single Post

While the racing and street racing interest in these cars is interesting, there are others who have not been mentioned and unfortunately I don't know their real names, but they all have the same initials...CW.

While the 914 has not really been seen yet as a serious collectable car, I am intrigued by those 914 owners and enterprises who painstakingly restore their cars to immaculate condition, where everything is correct for the car. There is something very cool to me to see a 30 year old car, that looks and drives like it just came off the showroom floor. The books and articles that have been written, and the history of the car are interesting to me, and take me bak to an earlier era. I know, I am twisted. I much perfer a perfect stock example better than a custom because most every car I see is custom in some way or another...mine included.

The recent poll on this BBS indicated that the great majority of owners like the car as a great daily driver...and it is. While it can hold its own on the track, the car is a great car on other levels too.

I think that as time goes on, the car will attract more collectors and there will be more concours restorations. In addition to those names already mentioned, my hats off to the contributions of these who have helped keep these great cars alive:

Brian Long
Bruce Johnson
Dick Reef and the other guy
Hussey IV
Stoddard
Restoration Design
Paternie (don't have his book but probably)

BTW Has anyone mentioned:
Patrick Motorsports
Rod Simpson
Rich Johnson
Perry Keihl
Old 08-20-2002, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)