View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
It's not the yellow car that sends you to jail .... its the way the yellow car is driven .....

Haha...that's a good one!

Emptygarage,
One advise I can give you is that there IS a 930 with your name on it. That's what Justin (juicersr) said to me before I found mine later after a year of searching. Funny thing is I only looked and drove one other 930 which was local (asking price $20k,'79, Guards Red, mostly stock). Passed that one since it was too stock, 100k miles, never rebuilt, dash board was cracked (not a good sign), but ran pretty strong and shifted smooth. This was my 1st ever drive in a 930 or any 911. Really enjoyed a 930 experience but wanted something more (i.e. more mods). Shortly after this I came close to really get serious in another out of state black 930 that was heavily modified but its owner changed his mind to sell! I don't blame him one bit and am glad he kept it since he needs to stay on this site. Over the year I continued check out several sites including pelican for a used 930 and came across this ad.

Powertech - Pre-Owned

I knew this is a car with my name on it and I ended up owning it after a month of asking lots of questions (which all questions were answered), PPI performed, one of the pelican member offered to check out the car and he took bunch of pics. Then I decided to pull the trigger! Offer/counter offer went on for a week before settling on the price. The rest is history. No, this car is not perfect (heck it's far from perfect but is what I expected). I've spent a lot of time working on it (checked valve clearance, replaced rear axles, revised suspension geometry for the street, etc) as much as driving. But I would do the work in one area then drive for awhile then work in another area, etc. That way the car won't be down for too long. I'm doing more work on it now but that's another story.

Last edited by MikeD930; 03-01-2010 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Corrected grammar
Old 02-28-2010, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)