View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesireIsugaree View Post
Z1 is TOP DEAD CENTER. Wouldn't that be ZERO retard.
Yep, Z1 is top dead center. You are currently at 10 degrees retarded. Definitely check your timing at 4000 rpms as well. If you see substantially less than the 26 degrees advance, they you may be looking at a distrubutor advance problem. Too much retard...she'll run fine but hot as others have already noted. 10 degrees is a lot of retard at idle IMHO, but if that's what the manual says then that's where you should start. I never realized that any of the years required that much retard. Guess I should pull out my books and refresh my memory.

I'm puting my money on a timing issue. With CIS, air leaks will do the opposite of what a person would normally expect. The car will run crappy and extremely rich.

Oh....and check the control pressures!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)