View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
The idle timing procedure for a '79 US spec car is with the vacuum line connected...10 degrees ATDC is the factory setting. The '78-'79 US distributor has vacuum retard...quite a lot of it actually. If he sets the idle timing to Z1 with the vacuum line disconnected, when he reconnects, I bet he ends up even more retarded than 10 degrees (assuming the distributor is original and functioning properly).
Yes, I agree. I was hoping this test would indicate is the vacuum diaphragm is functioning properly. Wasn't aware that the vacuum actually retarded the ignition at idle. Damn smog motors.
At 0* static advance, he shouldn't see glowing unless there's something awry with the fuel delivery.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 03-01-2010, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)