View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
I used to do patent aps as part of my job when working R&D in the chemical industry. I've also applied for a couple of patents on my exhaust systems.
Patents aren't worth the paper they are written on. Big companies with big money steal what they want and bankrupt you quick if you try to fight. Foreign companies are all but exempt from prosecution. I did the paperwork just to get it on record.
Agreed, in the past a small guy's only real hope was to commercialize it to a point some big outfit took notice and bought you and the product. You could be overpowered with Lawyers but that was unfair and unethical (remember those terms - still in many U.S. company code of conduct manuals, but just for the underlings to follow).

Now with globalization the big guys are China or India. They knock it off in cheap materials, whore up the market with predatory pricing and tell you to take your "rights" and piss up a rope.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)