View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
I have a A1000 in my car. Been using it for 8 to 9 years along with a pump controller. The original pump 8 years ago failed due to the older pumps were not compatable with ethanol. The new pumps are ethanol friendly and have been reliable for me with no problems. Some of the mustang guys have been running Walbro 225lph pumps in parrlel each pump is good for 500 HP. They are extremely quiet. I would use eiher but I am currently at 700HP and the Aeromotive is good to 850HP using the A1000. They do have bigger pumps that support 1000+ HP.
Ger, what exactly is a 'pump controller' and when is it needed? What psi (or lph) is best for most higher HP EFI application? For some reason i had 50-60psi as a number in my head from before, but since the A1000 is rated 45 psi this must be wrong.

Also, does Ethanol in modern gas in any amount degrade older model fuel pumps like the Bosch 44, unless they are made specifically for ethanol?

BTW, was speaking to Eddie Bello on this subject amongst many this weekend, and since he is running ethanol in his car now, he went from a 4 pump (!!!) system to a single pump... forgot to ask him which one it was tho.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-02-2010, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)