View Single Post
Slantnose from HELL

The pump controller just slows down the pump below an adjustable setting so it doesn't overheat the pump and the fuel (saves parts). All EFI fuel pumps are rated at 45 psi because the fuel injectors are rated static at 45 psi. I run 45 at static but there is a vacuum at idle it drops the fuel pressure the same amount of vacuum drawn. (if you are at 45 static and you have 5 inches of vacuum then you should see 40 psi at vacuum. If it is more then it will be even lower) The A1000 will handle 850HP and is a great pump for your car. When the car gets on boost the pressure rises by the amount of boost ( static 45 + 22psi boost = 67 psi of fuel pressure) the A1000 will hit 90psi. But to be safe I wouldn't run it no more than 80 psi total. Which would be 35psi of boost. If you want more than that stagged injectors would be needed. And another fuel system revamp.

Older pumps were not designed to run with ethanol. Even the older A1000 pumps. That is why I had to change mine original pump. The new A1000's were redesigned and have a much more efficient motor and the vane materials are able to withstand the ethanol additive todays fuels have in them.

The 044's are great pumps but I don't know if they are compatible with todays fuels?

Eddie is a friend of mine from way back. I help his cousin out from time to time in his race fabrication shop. He is the real deal, as calm as they come and is focused really well on his tuning.

If he is running E85 then he is probably running a big Walbro pump simular to the Methanol pumps.
I was hoping to see you guys last weekend. I had plan on the first scheduled event because we planned a trip for my kids birthdays. Hopefully next run will not be a problem with our schedule.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)