View Single Post

Garage
Special thanks goes out to Jim Fairman, who was able to finagle permission to do a personal, last minute tour of Gunnar racing yesterday, where he once worked. While way too brief (my girlfriend and i had to leave for our flight soon after) if was quite incredible to catch a glimpse of one of (if not THE) premier vintage racing Porsche resto shops in the world. And if restoring isn't time consuming enough, they run a full time race team as well!!

Ever wondered what our good man JFairman looks like... well now ya know. Grinning in front of what looks like a 906 motor ready for install

And what can we interest you in today, good sir? An unobtanium crank? Vintage racing poster? How about a fully rebuilt 934/5 motor?

Another pile of never ending unobtanium

Clean room where meticulous restorations take place... and vintage racing posters lining the walls everywhere.

The museum... an incredible assortment of cars in a relatively small space

Remember this car?

Well, this is what it was 'restored' back too... the orignal Martini RSR which is probably my fav 911 of all time

And then it was on to the restoration and race prep shop... the guys at Gunnar are all biziness... i felt like is was in the way just being there. Gunnar Jennette is not just the owner, he was busy laying fiberglass for what looked like seat or fender shell. All i snapped was this shot of my second fav 911, an RSR in prep.

And then i wuz time to skiddadle... what a short but very sweet tour. Thanks Jim!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 03-03-2010 at 11:11 AM..
Old 03-03-2010, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #295 (permalink)