View Single Post

Garage
One of the highlights for me of this past weekend was finally meeting two of the masters in this turbo flat-6 hp quest we play, Juan Ruiz and Eddie Bello. Both have been in it for a considerable time, and are both an incredible wealth of knowledge acquired in the tried and true hot rodding tradition of running hard, blowing stuff up, then figuring out what happened.

I had the added pleasure of being able to visit Bello's shop in Pompano Beach early yesterday morning, and talking with him about what he does and how he does it. A quiet, but subtly passionate intensity emanates from Bello when he discusses the fundamentals of obtaining power from these motors. As someone who controls every single variable by a meticulous and unwavering application of proven performance techniques such as better flow, better injecting, more effecient headers, and perfect tuning, he has been able to get more out of these already great engines than anyone else.

There was a cracked head sitting on a 50 gallon drum of racing fuel in the corner of his shop. This was a good example of how Bello works... instead of just discarding the cracked head, he cut it in two for autopsy and analysis, and then realized how much more porting and flowing of the inlets he could do. Bello is simply relentless in his persuit of perfecting these motors for horsepower gains.

From the sound of it, he has a lot more great stuff planned for the future. Juan, i for one can't wait to see what u guys have up your respective sleeves next! Once again, great meeting you two and make us proud March 14th!!!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 03-03-2010 at 01:05 PM..
Old 03-03-2010, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #298 (permalink)