View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20cooled7 View Post
Which way do you turn distributor to retard or advance? And when you are on Z1 (TDC) is the rotor more to 1 side of the mark on the body of the distributor or dead on? I can not get the hold down stud in the middle of the adjusting slot its either extreme right or left ,is this normal?
Yep, from what I've seen the adjustment is usually near the far end (say the last quarter) of the adjustment slot.

Here's a picture of an '87 distibutor set to about 12 advance...which required machining the slot a little bit (without which, I could get only 8 degrees advance before running out of adjustment room).

Now for the disclaimer: To protect the innocent and to ward off any lawsuits for plagiarism, the following picture is not mine...but just happens to be exactly like mine. Thanks go to the anonymous donor.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)