View Single Post

Hi Mark, thats a pic of my distributor after I lengthened the adjustment slot to get more static advance.
I also had to grind and sand off some aluminum from the bottom of the opposite end because it was coming in contact with the engine tin before I could turn the distributor all the way clockwise in the lengthened slot.

I drew a red arrow to point at a faint scribe mark I made on the flange marking where the adjustment nut was back when the ignition timing was stock.
It shows how much I turned the distributor clockwise to get around 12 degrees at idle with the MSD boost retard module and both distributor vacuum lines hooked up.

It also shows what happens when you use 500 degree engine enamal on the rear tin after stripping the rust off with end brush wire wheels on a die grinder and then phosphoric acid to get the rest... burned it all off around the turbo.
Every time I drove the car for a few weeks there was the smell of burning paint after parking it.

Next time I have it off I'll redo the rear tin with 1200* header paint or barbecue paint and see if that holds up better.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)