View Single Post

Any comments on inexpensive aftermarket clutch?

Had the motor out in an 87 930 (for general winter love and care - my wife is still unhappy "a perfectly running" car is in pieces in the garage ), figured I would see what shape the clutch was in, even though it worked fine. The car is new to me, and I just want to see what I have here...so far so good.

The car has the original style rubber centered clutch. It looks like it was very recently replaced, as there seems to be very little wear. The PP/etc also look like thay have just been machined, as there is basically no wear on it.

I hate to replace the current clutch disc, as it looks awefully new. The SACHS spring centered ones seem to run about $350. If the clutch were worn, this would be a no brainer. But, it looks new.

I look at a competitors site, and they have new spring centered clutches for the 930 for 99$. These are not SACHS, and no manufacturer is listed. For 99$, I might replace the clutch disc just for the heck of it. I just can't jusitfy spending $350 to replace what looks to be a new clutch, even though its rubber centered...

Thoughts?

Leave the rubber one?

Anyone have comments on aftermarket clutch discs? (I know Kennedy sells the high end stuff, but I am looking for a basic package. The car is slightly modified (bigger intercooler/boost spring/ and who knows what else the PO did). The car runs fine, and its hard to justify replacing stuff that just isn't broken...

Any thoughts specifically on the aftermarket clutch disc appreciated...

Bo
Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)