View Single Post
Haltech Speciallist

Send a message via ICQ to HaltechClaudio Send a message via AIM to HaltechClaudio Send a message via MSN to HaltechClaudio Send a message via Yahoo to HaltechClaudio Send a message via Skype™ to HaltechClaudio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
So.... I am on the verge of starting to wire up my Haltech that I mentioned a while back and I am now thinking about triggers. Currently I have an Accel dual sync distributor (includes cam and crank...), but am having a hard time figuring out how to configure it within the Haltech and neither Haltech or Accel want to give me a solid answer about how to set it up. So now I need to set up a hall effect crank signal and an hall effect cam trigger. The crank trigger I pretty much got figured out- My real question is:
What are the distributorless guys running for a cam sync/signal? I have already seen the clewett offerings and neither are very viable for me (although they are cool...)
Hello All, i came accross this and honestly wondered about your problems. First let me say that its possible you have probably not called the Haltech US office, if you have, you probably may have not talked to me. I have actually done a few Porsches in my time and i must say i love them to death, especially the old ones.

Having said this, i am here to answer your questions about triggers. The simple answer is that virtually any option is possible, its just a matter of prioritizing your needs. If you want to maintain originality, sticking with the distributor triggers is fine, if you want all out performance, a crank+cam setup is needed. We have single channel and dual channel hall sensors in stock that can let you do just that, we dont sell trigger wheels but we do sell the rare earth magnets that can let you build a custom flying magnet trigger, either inside the distributor (as ive seen some pics on this thread, or on the crank pulley.

Motronic, missing tooth, trigger wheels work very well, especially the 36-1 using a hall effect sensor, this only provides for half cycle, wasted spark/semi sequential, operation, but if you modify your 6 tooth/slot wheel inside the dissy leaving only just one tooth, this can double as your sync/cam sensor with no problems.

Haltechs can read Hall or Reluctor style setups and with the new Platinum ECUs you can properly configure your reluctor triggers to permit perfect triggering all the time using the trigger/home voltage threshold tables, filter levels and proper wiring and configuration of the trigger setup page.

I have never met an engine that could not be run given the appropriate trigger installation.

If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at the US office, just ask for Claudio.

Have a good one boys. I dont know if i will monitor this forum much, but my contact info is bellow.

HaltechClaudio
Haltech USA/Latin America
Tech & Sales
Tel. 760 598 1941
Haltech - Engine Management Systems
Old 03-05-2010, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)